Da Couch Tomato

An attempt at a new layout, with horrible glitches, and very minimal knowledge of HTML.

The Vampire Diaries. Season 3. Episode 22: "The Departed"

At least her eyes weren't red, nor her skin suspiciously white.

I know it's a week late, but I watched it again to write this, and it still felt the same. There were so many things going on in such a fast pace, and with so many feelings involved. I wasn't surprised with Elena's fate; it was only a matter of time (it happened much earlier in the books). And I think it's just about the right time that Elena has chosen who she wants to be with, now that she's lost every parental adult she's had.

Let's take a moment to bid Alaric au revoir. See you soon.

Of course, she's going to turn. That's why next season is going to take us back to square one... well, not exactly, I hope. Stefan's guilt will probably play into the situation, and so will Damon's "I told you so" sermon. But both brothers will kind of breath a sigh of relief that Elena is not that fragile and not a target anymore. The advantages of her being a vampire─also with their respective relationships, of course─will sink in.

I'd say that body  is salvageable. Alaric closed the coffin too early.

And we haven't seen the last of Klaus yet. (It's genius, but I hate it that he's in Tyler's body. Caroline better watch it.) Nor have we seen the last of the other Originals (more Elijah and Rebekah, please, I loved their sibling moment in this episode). And if Bonnie is going rogue or bad, next season is really going to be interesting.

*screencaps by VLC

0 comments :

Premium Blogspot Templates
Copyright © 2012 Da Couch Tomato