Da Couch Tomato

An attempt at a new layout, with horrible glitches, and very minimal knowledge of HTML.

Sherlock. Episode 3: "The Great Game"

Among the three episodes of Sherlock thus far, this is probably my least favorite. Make no mistake, I love all of them. But if I had to choose which one was my least favorite, and if I had a gun to my head, then I'd say it's "The Great Game".

First, there's just too much going on.

Too much, in fact, that Sherlock just got an orgasm.

There are five phone pips here, each pip being one mystery, so that's five mysteries in all. And although each of the five mysteries can stand alone, they are merely sub-mysteries of one big mystery. Which involves...

Professor Moriarty, which is my second point here.


I know Moriarty is psycho. But Andrew Scott is just creepy. It's the way he delivers his lines─like he's definitely unhinged. He should've been killed. Plus, he looks a bit like Jim Parsons.

My new favorite character in this show (like we have a lot to choose from) is none other than this guy:

"Who? Me?"

Yep. Mycroft Holmes. Sherlock's brother. Played by Mark Gatiss. If you think the name rings a bell, it should. You've seen it before.


Yes, he's the writer of this episode, and the co-creator of this series. And he's a bloody brilliant actor.

I loved the root canal bit.


Sherlock (Episode 3). UK. 2010.


Rating: Eight point five out of ten.



*some info from IMDb and Wikipedia
pics from VLC

0 comments :

Premium Blogspot Templates
Copyright © 2012 Da Couch Tomato