Da Couch Tomato

An attempt at a new layout, with horrible glitches, and very minimal knowledge of HTML.

Flickan som lekte med elden (The Girl Who Played with Fire) by Stieg Larsson

That's not flames. That's actually blonde hair.

I only became interested in the Millenium series after watching the film The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (the Swedish version, mind). I thought to myself, "This is damn gripping storytelling." This was, of course, based on a book by Stieg Larsson, so I decided that for the sequel, I shall read the book first before watching the film.

I was not disappointed. I was blown away.

It's a crime drama. Another whodunit. But this time, heroine Lisbeth Salander is not the hunter. She has now become the hunted.

Salander becomes wanted for a triple murder. Of course, we readers know Salander is innocent. But the characters in the book don't know that. What both the readers and characters don't know is who the real killer is.

A bit of a spoiler warning, though. This story's twist is something taken out of Star Wars. I'm not going to say anymore.

"Yes, please, don't say any more."


Rating: Eight out of ten.



*pics from Media Decay and Death Star PR

0 comments :

Premium Blogspot Templates
Copyright © 2012 Da Couch Tomato